View case studies from various industries with ideas for component improvement through die casting.
Review ways to save money by applying value analysis and value engineering techniques and taking advantage of our free seminars.
Though INNOVAW's roots lie in our proprietary multi-slide die casting process we are equally as strong in the manufacture of larger parts by conventional hot and cold chamber die casting methods.
Die casting is a fast, cost-effective manufacturing process for production of high volume, net-shaped, tight tolerance metal components. It has the benefit of increased quality and repeatability, often at lower costs compared to other processes.
The die casting process is the injection under high pressure into a steel mould (or tool) of a molten metal alloy, which solidifies rapidly (from milliseconds to a few seconds) to form a net shaped component and is then automatically extracted.
The die casting tool will typically produce any number of components from hundreds of thousands to millions, before requiring replacement.
Benefits of INNOVAW die castings:
1. Cost-effective high volume production
2. Value engineering achieves cost savings
3. Part consolidation eliminates operations
4. Manufacture of complex net shapes
5. Consistent quality over high volumes
6. Tight tolerances achieved as cast
7. Minimal draft angles on internal features
8. Long tool die life
9. Lower tool cost on multi-slide process